Enjoy these free craft Ideas for the Healing of the Crippled Woman. You can also download our complete 20-page Sunday School lesson on Luke 13:10-17 from the Sunday School Store.
Jesus spent His ministry changing the established rules and sometimes defying authority…this is good news for us, because He changed the rules that held us in bondage to sin, and He transforms our lives with His love and grace! These crafts accompany the story of His healing of a crooked back on the sabbath. Jesus showed that helping people was more important than following ancient picky rules. Reflecting on the importance of helping people, a “helping hands chain” considers methods of demonstrating love to others. A “Bent-Up Collage” uses bendable materials to recount the story and joy of Christ changing and transforming us.
Craft one: “Helping Hands Chain”
You will need:
- Crayons or markers
- Glue or tape
- Paper (Construction/cardstock)
- Stickers, glitter, or other decorative items
- Pipe cleaners
- Trace hands onto cardstock or construction paper.
- Cut hands out and add captions on one side depicting “helping hands.”
- On the other side of hands, place different elements that can be used as a loved one for a “coupon” (a kind act, gift of time, etc.).
- Add extra decorations as desired.
- String onto pipe cleaner and deliver the “coupon book” to someone that might need help!
Craft Two: “Bendable Collage”
You will need:
1. Write captions and verses on construction paper or cardstock, considering how Jesus “un-bends” our mistakes and makes us new.
2. Add extra decorations as desired.
3. Bend pipe cleaners, rubber bands, string, or paper clips into shapes as desired.
4. Tape bent pieces onto the construction paper/card stock. Attach additional string or magnets if desired, to hang and display.
Verses or Captions to Consider… (Luke 13:10-17)
When he said this, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing. -Luke 13:17
Jesus makes Broken Things New…
Christ “Un-bends” and transforms my life!
Helping Hands for Jesus…
Hands for service: Love God, Help Others!
More Teaching Ideas: