The story of the Good Samaritan reminds us of the importance of loving ALL of God’s people, not just those close to us or the ones we get along with well. It isn’t always easy, but when we care for others, we demonstrate the love of Christ. The Good Samaritan also reminds us how much God loves us, even in our broken sinful state. These crafts recall the story and offer something for students to give to others. A “Heart-Healing Hand” reminds children of the importance of caring for others. A “Goodie Bag Samaritan” is a fun and decorative gift to provide for others.
If you’re looking for some creative and fun ways to engage children in your church or Sunday school classroom, then this blog post is perfect! We’ve gathered an assortment of simple craft projects that will help them integrate Bible lessons with their everyday lives. These hands-on activities can be used at any age level – from preschoolers learning about colors all the way up through fifth grade boys who are studying kindness towards others.”
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (Luke 10:25-37)
He (Jesus) answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” -Luke 10:27
You are LOVED…here are some treats to show that!
Love God…serve others!
Helping hand heal hearts!
How I can serve…
Additional Bible Teaching Activities on the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Watch the video for this children’s sermon lesson, and Bible craft activities based on Luke 10:25-37
- Compare our Good Samaritan Sunday school Lesson with Love Your Neighbor Biblical Lesson for Children
- Our Children’s Sermon On the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- All children’s ministry activities are available on Luke 10:25-37
- More Bible Verses about the Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Check out the Mission Bible Class free teaching activities on The Good Samaritan
Craft one: “Heart-Healing Hand”
You will need:
- Crayons or markers
- Glue or tape
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Stickers, glitter, or other decorative items
- Cut a heart shape out of paper.
- Trace a hand on the heart, or cut a hand out of another paper and glue to the heart.
- Add captions to the heart and hand, addressing how we can love and serve God and others around us.
- Add extra decorations such as stickers, band-aids, and glitter as desired.
- If desired, add a hanger or magnet to hang somewhere.
Craft Two: “Goodie Bag Samaritan” Treat Bag
You will need:
- Construction Paper or cardstock
- Paper bags
- Snacks or candies
- Rubber band, balloons, glow sticks, etc.
- Decorative elements as desired
- Markers or crayons
1. Decorate paper bag to use as a “goodie bag” delivery sack.
2. Decorate a note to go inside the bag, explaining the items within.
3. Select items to go inside the bag, showing care and love to encourage someone.
4. Add verses and captions as desired.
5. Deliver the goodie bag to someone who might need love and care, particularly someone who might not be as close or loved.
Kids Love Sunday School Crafts
We hope your children’s ministry will benefit from these learning activity suggestions for kids church or Sunday School. Elementary and Preschool children learn best with hands-on craft projects that help them integrate and reflect on the Bible teaching theme and moral lesson.