This year, more than ever, kids are feeling anxiety and fear about going back to school.
They need to know God is with them. God can be trusted – HE can make a difference in times of fear.
I’m excited to share about a new curriculum from Bethany Darwin. It’s a special 5-week curriculum based on Hebrews 11 that will help kids navigate fear by trusting in GOD.
This awesome series FAITH OVER FEAR is available only through the Sunday School Store. In one digital download, you get everything you need to teach – including full permission to share through your online kids ministry./**/
“Faith Over Fear” is a 5-week Sunday School series designed to point your kids to God as their hope and refuge. In these 5 lessons, students will be introduced to the concept of faith through the stories of some of the heroes of faith that we read about in Hebrews 11.
The lessons you will find in this unit are:
- Faith Over Fear – defining faith from Hebrews 11:1
- Walk This Way: Enoch – Walking with God takes faith.
- Moving Day: Abraham – God is always in control.
- Rock-a-Bye Baby: Moses – God is a refuge for His people.
- And What More Shall I Say? – the stories of those in the Old Testament who waited by faith – Jesus fulfills all God’s promises.
The key verse for this unit is Hebrews 11:1 –
“NOW FAITH IS THE ASSURANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE CONVICTION OF THINGS NOT SEEN.”
Each lesson contains the following:
- Introductory Activity
- Large Group Worship Time
- Welcome activity
- Study God’s Word – teaching materials for the Biblical text
- 3 songs
- Small Group Lessons (2 options – ages 5-8 and ages 8-12)
- Memory Verse
- All necessary printables and resources
- Take home – family devotional guide
In the Large Group Worship time, songs have been suggested. Here are the links to those songs if you choose to use the same songs.