Try something new for 2019 Resurrection Sunday. This page links to our best materials for teaching kids the Easter Story. Lessons, Crafts, Printables, Songs, and Games — all 100% free like God’s grace.
Easter Lesson Plans
- Resurrection Facts from Acts – older elementary lesson
- Easter & Good Friday worsheets
- Judas Betrays Jesus – children’s church lesson
- No More Crying – lesson about Jesus’ Resurrection
- “Jesus Resurrection & Great Victory” for preschoolers
- Easter Sunday Lesson (and preschool version)
- 3 Object Lesson about Easter Using Eggs
- “Walk in His Ways” lesson series for Lent
- Palm Sunday Lesson (and preschool version)
- He is Alive – lesson from Sojourn Kids
- Printable Family Devotion for Easter
- Resurrection Sunday Family Bible Journey (free 36 page printable manual)
- “Washed Clean” Object Lesson for Preteens
- Easter Bingo – Review the Resurrection Story
- Erase Our Sin Object Lesson
Easter Craft Ideas
Easter Story Video
- Free Easter Play Script
- Lazarus Teaching Skit for Children’s Ministry
- Easter Poem for Kids using M&Ms
- 5 Outreach Ideas for Easter
- 4 Creative Ideas for Easter Outreach
- The Backwards Easter Egg Hunt
- Block Party Outreach Idea (plus Easter Egg Hunt) turn your egg hunt into an outreach carnival for the community.
- Plan an Easter Parade for Children
- More Easter Ideas For Kids | What Should I Teach On Easter?
- When Is Easter Sunday? – I posted this just so we’d all get the dates right!
- Easter Bible Verses – The resurrection of Jesus is central to the good news. Here are some familiar Bible verses about the holiday. These are useful to add to craft projects to to sprinkle into family conversation about Easter.
- Preschool Songs for Easter
- 5 Easter Games for the Sunday School
- Creative Snack Ideas for Easter
- Ideas for Kids Church on Easter Morning
Does the word “Easter” appear in the Bible? There is a little controversy about this. The King James Translation does include the word in Acts 12:4, while nearly all other translations stick with the Greek phrase to mean passover. I think this is a distraction. In the English language and most church traditions Easter has become the normal word to describe the Sunday we celebrate Jesus’ resurrection.
1 thought on “101 Easter Resources & Ideas”
Hello…. I would like to have an EASTER plan….lessons that I can begin now that lead up to the “Great Resurrection” in Easter Sunday….I am finding that I need to teach in a sequence….they are missing out when I have a different lesson about different people and subjects in Gods Word… My CC ages are 6-12…. and they are hands on . Any ideas would be appreciated…(I have between 10-20 precious angels)