Discover a delightful Children’s Ministry lesson focused on Halloween in Kids Church. Tailored for ages 6-12, this guide offers Bible stories, meaningful discussions, and a fun activity to help children celebrate Halloween with God’s love in their hearts.
Introduction: Halloween and God’s Love
Halloween is a time when many of us dress up in fun costumes, enjoy treats, and share stories. But do you know what the Bible says about it? Let’s explore together and find out how we can enjoy Halloween while remembering God’s love for us!
Bible Story: Ephesians 5:8
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.”
- Darkness and Light: Just like daytime and nighttime, there are things in the world that are like darkness and things that are like light. God wants us to be like the light, which means being kind, loving, and good.
- Children of light: This means God wants us to shine bright, just like a little light in the dark.
- How can we shine our light on Halloween?
- Can you think of ways to be kind and loving while celebrating?
Bible Story: 1 Corinthians 10:31
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
- Whatever you do: Everything we do, even celebrating Halloween, can make God happy if we remember Him.
- For the glory of God: This means doing things that make God smile, like sharing our candies or saying “thank you.”
- What are some things we can do on Halloween to make God happy?
- How can we share with others on Halloween?
Fun Activity: Bible Character Dress-Up
Objective: Let’s dress up as our favorite Bible characters and share their stories!
- Choose a Bible character you love (e.g., David, Esther, Moses, Ruth).
- With the help of an adult, create a simple costume using things you have at home.
- Share a fun fact or story about your character with the group.
Bible Story: Romans 12:2
“Do not copy the behavior of this world, but let God change you inside with a new way of thinking.”
- Do not copy: Just like we don’t copy our friend’s homework, God wants us to think for ourselves and choose good things.
- New way of thinking: This means always trying to think and act in ways that make God proud.
- How can we think in a new way this Halloween?
- Can you think of a time you did something because it was the right thing, even if others didn’t?
Thank you for all the fun and joy of Halloween. Help us remember to shine our light, share with others, and make choices that make You happy. We want to be bright lights in this world and celebrate in ways that show Your love. Amen.