What follows is a bulletin insert I created for my church. I wanted to write out some benefits of Sunday School attendance as an encouragement for families. I kept the list simple so it would print on a half sheet of paper.
Directions: Simply click on the preview image to download this file as a printer friendly PDF. I’ve also upload it as a Word document if you would like to tweak it for your own church. Here is are alternate Black & White versions (PDF – Word).
Here is the full text of the flyer. I’ve love to hear your feedback, just leave a comment below.
While sleeping late can be nice, have you considered the benefits of Sunday School attendance for your child. Here are 10 reasons to make it a priority in your family.
1. Age Targeted Teaching: Where else can your kids get Biblical instruction that’s focused toward their developmental abilities?
2. Friends: In Sunday School, your child will build positive friendships with their peers by discovering God’s Word together.
3. It’s Fun: Sunday School is not Disney Land, but our teachers do work hard to teach the Bible in ways that are relevant and fun for kids.
4. Spiritual Mentors: A dedicated teacher can be a Christian role model who supports you and helps inspire the faith of your child.
5. Systematic Bible Learning: Our curriculum is designed to give a broad foundation, so children will understand how all the parts of Scripture point to Christ.
6. Praying Teachers: Our teachers consistently pray for your child’s faith to grow. Coming to Sunday School gives another occasion for God to answer those requests.
7. Big Reward For a Small Investment: If you’re already coming to church, just come a little earlier. That one change will equal over 800 hours of additional Christian teaching before your child graduates.
8. Send the Right Message: Making Sunday School a priority shows your kids that God’s Word really does matter more than pillow-time.
9. Adult Bible Fellowship: While the children enjoy their class, you can fellowship with other adults in your own Bible study group.
10. You’ll Be On Time: Families who come to Sunday School always get to worship on time. It’s the easiest way to avoid being late.
4 thoughts on “Bulletin Insert: 10 Reasons To Bring Your Child To Sunday School”
Hi Mr. Kummer,
I came across your great blog post and was wondering if I could use it for our church newletter. I’m in charge of the children’s sunday school program and am looking to encourage more participation from parents. I love your list of reasons that sunday school is so important! It gets right to the point.
Hi there: I’m doing a flyer for our Sunday School starting up again in the Fall and came across this awesome list. I would like to put some of these points on my flyer that I will put in the church bulletin. I will be sure to put your name on the bottom. Is this ok?
These are great and we have been saying a lot of these for a long time already.
As a Sunday School resource person, I would like to use your 10 reasons list in our newsletter, but will need to tweek a few to fit our church situation.
May I have permission to use them giving you due credit?