Get Ready for a Fun-Filled School Year with These 10 Sunday School Activities!
The beginning of a new school year can be both exciting and daunting for students. As a Sunday School teacher, you have the opportunity to make the transition back to school a little easier and a lot more fun for your students. With these 10 engaging back to school Sunday School activities, you can help your students get excited about learning and growing in the coming year.
From Crafts to Games: Discover the Best Back to School Activities for Your Sunday School Class
- All About Me Posters: Have your students create posters that showcase their unique personalities, interests, and goals for the school year.
- Bible Verse Scavenger Hunt: Hide Bible verses around the classroom or church and have students work together to find and decipher them.
- School Supply Relay Race: Divide your class into teams and have them race to collect and organize school supplies.
- Prayer Journals: Have your students create personalized prayer journals to use throughout the school year.
- Back to School Bingo: Create a bingo board with back to school themes like backpacks, pencils, and school buses.
Engage Your Students and Teach Them Valuable Lessons with These Creative Back to School Ideas
- Classroom Rules Collage: Work with your students to create a collage that showcases the classroom rules and expectations for the school year.
- Friendship Bracelets: Have your students create friendship bracelets for each other as a reminder to be kind and supportive of one another.
- Goal Setting Activity: Encourage your students to set academic, personal, and spiritual goals for the school year and create a plan to achieve them.
- Kindness Challenge: Challenge your students to perform acts of kindness for their classmates, teachers, and community throughout the school year.
- Bible Story Skits: Have your students work in small groups to create and perform skits based on their favorite Bible stories.
Make the First Day of School Memorable with These Exciting Sunday School Activities!
The first day of school is a big deal, and these activities will help make it a memorable one for your students.
- Welcome Back Breakfast: Host a breakfast for your students and their families to kick off the school year.
- First Day Photo Booth: Set up a photo booth with back to school props for your students to take fun photos on the first day.
- Prayer Walk: Lead your students on a prayer walk around the school or church to ask for God’s blessings on the school year.
- Classroom Scavenger Hunt: Create a scavenger hunt that takes your students around the classroom to familiarize them with their new learning environment.
With these 10 fun and engaging back to school Sunday School activities, you can help your students start the school year off on the right foot. By incorporating biblical lessons and themes into these activities, you can also help your students grow in their faith and deepen their relationship with God. So, get ready to have a blast with your Sunday School class this school year!