Rejoice in Jesus! Use these craft ideas to accompany your Sunday School lessons after the birth of Jesus. They were prepared with the story of Simeon and Anna in mind, but you could use them in a variety of teaching plans. Download the printable directions below, then watch our craft directions example video:
Craft Ideas for Celebrating Jesus Presented at the Temple
The story of Simeon and Anna in the temple is one of hope, fulfillment, and tremendous joy. The prophetess and priest were overcome with enthusiasm at meeting the Holy child. In celebration of this recognition and meeting, these crafts are meant to inspire simple joy and pleasure. Hopefully making them will be a pleasure, too!
Suggested Bible Lessons on Anna and Simeon
- Sunday School Lesson (Luke 2) Simeon and Anna Rejoice
- See the story of Anna and Simeon for Kids
- Lesson: Baby Jesus presented in the Temple by Kelly Henderson
- Jesus Presented Sunday School Lesson from Luke 2 by Kristin Schmidt
- Luke 2:22-52 for Kids Bible Lesson by Beth Stewart
Bible Verses or Craft Captions / Anna & Simeon
“Lord, now you are letting your servant[ depart in peace,Luke 2:29-32 ESV
according to your word;
30 for my eyes have seen your salvation
31 that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and for glory to your people Israel.”
The King of Kings is Here… Rejoice!
Joy in Jesus! Celebrate His coming!
Don’t miss all our Bible Crafts for
Sunday School and our featured Christmas Crafts for
Craft one: “Jesus Bracelet”
Supplies you will need:
- Pipe Cleaners or string
- Choose whether you would like your beads to be themed on certain colors (you might coordinate them with representations of things like purity, sin, Christ’s blood, etc.).
- String the beads onto the yarn or pipe cleaner.
- Attach a verse to the string or yarn, if desired.
- Tie or attach the bracelet to fit a wrist or necklace.
Craft Two: “Colorful Cup Game”
You will need:
- Paper or Styrofoam cups
- Yarn, ribbon, or string
- Decorative materials (markers, fabric paint)
- Pom-poms or stickers
- Popsicle sticks or clothespins
- Glue (Tacky preferred)
- Decorate your cup with stickers, pom poms, markers, or other desired material.
- Add verse caption, if desired.
- Carefully stick popsicle stick through the bottom of the cup.
- Attach a string to the popsicle stick, and tie the other end of the string to a large pom pom.
- To play the game, hold the cup by the stick and attempt to “land” the pom-pom into the cup. Have fun and enjoy!
1 thought on “Celebrate Jesus Crafts for Sunday School”
Great resource! I fill in for our Sunday school teachers here and there. I didn’t have a topic or lesson plan and God sent me to your web site. This Sunday I will teach the new year resolution lesson. Thank you.